Valeriy Smelkov: This defeat from Rezekne really got hooked
- July 7, 2020
In the first round of BCFL the team Narva United lost outright to the team from Rezekne on points. And one of the players in this confrontation was a goalkeeper of the Estonian team Valeriy Smelkov, who has kindly agreed to answer our questions.
At first this is a sports career of one of the most colorful BCFL members:
– The Championship of Estonia on football: TBMK, Narva Trans, Lootus, Locomotive
– The Estonian national team U-17, U-19;
– The Championship of Estonia on futsal : Narva United.
Two-time winner of the Estonian Super Cup – football;
Estonian Cup finalist – football;
The Championship of Estonia – futsal
– The goalkeeper from a big football has come to Futsal…
– Actually, I didn’t respond to the invitation of the President of the Futsal Narva and my friend Alexander Dmitriev immediately. After my football career I went to England and only there I decided to try to close the Narva Futsal gates. I started flying to the games and on my first season Narva United has become the Champion of Estonia and a member of the Champions League. Logistically it was very difficult, but the joy of winning and being able to help friends prevailed.
– The Championship of Estonia is a prestige competition, and then there is BFL. How did you personally accept the new League?
– I accepted it excellent. I like the organization and everything related to BFL. For us it’s a new great international experience: where else would Narva play in a short period of time against the strong teams from Russia, Belarus, Latvia and Lithuania? No matter what the outcome of the season, personally I and our guys enjoyed it very much. Yes, I haven’t played a single match yet after my back injury, but I came to St. Petersburg to support my friends and I saw everything with my own eyes.
– We hope to finish the BFL season, but we decided to fill the forced pause with a new tournament of the new league – BCFL. Are you an experienced man in cybersport?
I’ve been interested in cybersports for a long time, but for the first time I tried cyberfutsal when I took part in BCFL. I like playing within the official tournament very much, but what I like more that this League has given us back not only the state of competition, but also the feeling of a Baltic football family. We communicate! We not only participate in a specialized network group, created by the organizers to coordinate matches, but we made our own group in WhatsApp together with our rivals from Rezekne and our dialogs are worth remembering!
Has the score 0:12 from Rezekne hooked?
Of course! But we might not have lost all our points. Internet, in particular its speed, has a major impact on the outcome. Nevertheless we’ll correct the situation. A good sportsman has no any other task except to win. Besides, in that very group we promised to guys from Rezekne a warm welcome in Narva…
Today your voice is one of the BCFL voices. Is commenting just a hobby or is it a targeting to a new profession?
It’s still my hobby, which can became a profession. Why not? I like it and I am good at it in two languages. I’d like to make progress and comment not only the BCFL matches.